LA Meetup (my first official one)

Monrovia Travel Blog

Vegas TB's

Mel and I planned to go to LA for my first official meetup. I had met a few of the TB's before in Vegas so I knew a few of them (Mel, Sal, John, Tracy, Jillian, Joy). The rest I had just seen their pics, heard about them from the CW Mel, or chatted online on g chat. I was really looking forward to meeting Julz, Alice, Erin, Jenn, and Will since I heard so much about them and how great they all are. :)

So I leave work early, run errands, and call Mel up. This chick tells me she isn't ready and has not packed. What!? haha! Luckily I know she can throw a bag together quickly. So I tell her I am on my way, I get there and we pack my car. Poor Mel has no room since I brought like 5 purses, 10 pairs of shoes, and 3 bags. Yes, high maintenance.

Me Julz Sharon
Imagine me on a month long trip, yikes!!! She stuffs her things in the backseat and wherever we find room. Off we go!! A rough start as we hit traffic, Mel has a COW coz she left her battery charger at home, but we were already on our way! We chat it up on the way and before you know it, we are in the LA area. We are supposed to stop to change and next thing u know my GPS says we are like 20 miles away. Ahh! So we decide to go to a 24 hour fitness to change after stopping at a Carl's Jr. where there are no plugs and only one sink. For 2 "only children" that will not work. Mel and I need our space hahahah!! So we take our sweet time and before you know it, we spend 1 hour getting ready!!!! Shit!! We are SOOO late. On the one hand I was ok with being late, coz I am always late and I am used to it.
Me and Jillian, YAY!!!
But when we arrived, I realized late was not good. I did not know most of the people there, and was not about to introduce myself coz everyone was eating. Kinda awkward 4 me. So I sat down asap next to wherever I saw a space, and it ended up being near Sharon and Eli. Very nice people. I really wanted to talk to people and was anxious to meet all the people I heard about but did not know how to do it. These people were busy taking 100000000 million pix of Mel and with the others, I did not want to interrupt. So I hoped I would get a chance to talk to people. But honestly every chance I got to talk to someone we were interrupted by another 94848202 pics!!! I was overwhelmed by all the new faces. It's too bad I did not get to "talk" to the people I was excited to meet, except did get to talk to Julz and Alice, briefly. Luckily afterwards we got to hang with the Cali/Vegas crew at the TB HQ's house the lovely Miss Joy!! Joy is a hostess with the mostess!! I just love Joy she is so full of energy and def. makes me feel comfortable, which is not easy. As a matter of fact, all of the TB people make u feel comfortable. Had fun at Joy's house watching the "wild horses" (haha Jillian) act their usual wild and crazy self. It is quite a show for me. It was a good time and I had fun-the end.

JillianJ says:
HAHAHAHA Good times as always.
Melissa919 says:
Sal, I agree! :)
Melissa919 says:
Ok, am I supposed to reply on my blog, I think that's how you guys do it? I am new to this! :) Yes Alice I did have fun, it was an experience! It was good to meet the cooking queen! :) Thx 4 the cookies.
Vegas TBs
Me and Joy, YAY!!!
Me and Joy, YAY!!!
Chereese and I
Chereese and I
Me and Jilly again, we got the DL…
Me and Jilly again, we got the "D…
lol, poor Jenn. Shes so cute.
lol, poor Jenn. She's so cute.
John and the girls