Day two

Manchester Travel Blog

The sun usually has you up pretty early. No matter how much you cover your tent and vent it out, you will get hot. Got up 6:30 - 7ish and took a nice long shower as there were no lines. So much for going hippie! I shaved everyday that I was there. By the time I went back to the tent there was already a long line for the showers. We all donned SPF 50, actually we caked it on, then doused ourselves with 40% Deet. By 9am we were off to Centeroo for some breakfast and then Restorative Yoga at 9:30. After the hour of yoga we would go and get massages. A pretty nice life if you ask me!

Next on the list was a comedy show at the Bonnaroo Comedy Theatre. A note on the theatre that we had to learn the hard way, go two hours or so early to pick up a ticket for the show and then show up half an hour early to wait in line to get in. Everyone will be able to get in, but they don't guarantee that if you don't have tickets you'll get in, but you'll get in. We saw Janeane Garofalo, Mike Birbiglia and Leo Allen. It wasn't a bad show. Then Mike and I were off to the VIP section for the What Stage to spend the rest of our day there. This stage's VIP section is a decent sized hill with bails of hay to lean or sit against. If you're trying to bring in a tall chair they won't let you in. Pick a bail at the edge of a plateau, right before a downward slope that way no one can sit in front of you. :) Or move your hay!

We got to see Stephen Marley, The Raconteurs, Chris Rock, then Metallica that night. Pretty nice line up for one afternoon/evening if you ask me. :) Oh, the VIP bar doesn't sell beer just don't have to wait in the same long lines as everyone else. Sometime during all the performances it started raining, but it wasn't strong enough to warrant going back to the tent, and it actually got cold.

All that night it rained, and my tent probably needs to be water sealed at some of the seems because some water got into the tent. Thankfully it stopped raining shortly before dawn and by mid-day the next day it was definitely hot enough for business as usual. Perhaps we were lucky for the rain, I hear the farm gets really dusty sometimes and I hadn't thought to bring a scarf.
photo by: yinmanyangdy