Bonnaroo - Set-up

Manchester Travel Blog

Bonnaroo!
As we are driving through TN to the Bonnaroo we pass into Georgia. Of course I freak out again. hehe. What the heck are we doing in GA?! Then the highway took us back into TN and through a time zone, which was neat as we got an additional hour to the day, which we lost on the drive home.... As we are approaching about 30 or so miles until our exit for the festival we see a line of cars all along the side of the road. Some people are out of their cars playing catch, others are smoking and lounging. Apparently the shoulder of this next of the highway is reserved for those in line to get into the farm. Thankfully we had purchased VIP tickets and we coasted down that line of people for about 40 minutes before we saw the end of it. Around 10am we take our exit and we followed the directions seemingly way out of the way to a local Coffee County Highschool and picked up our appropriate passes and headed for the farm.
We are so ready!

A couple miles later we were on a small farm road headed between some houses waiting for access to the VIP entrance. In all I believe we didn't wait more then a half to an hour to get in. The put little green wrist bands around all of us, a sticker on my windshield, and an X with a circle around it in crayon-ish stuff on the other side of my windshield. Then we are there. Andy parked his car towards the outer edge of his rectangle of land and I did the same towards the other end and we had a nice sized, combined campsite.

I promised Mike that I had set up my tent not too long before and that it was a viable, working tent, but something seemed wrong. I couldn't find any of the tent spike holes in the actual tent, among other things. hehe. Turns out that the last time I used the tent I emptied out all of the dust by turning it inside out. Once the tent was flipped the proper way it went up like a charm. :) hehe

My tent can fit about six people comfortably, and a six foot something person standing, so it was very convenient for all of us to bring in our lounge chairs and relax from the direct sun for a little bit. It gets wicked hot there.
Andrea!
Our first day was pretty relaxing. We did some yoga while Andrea learned how to belly dance. Andrea spent some time drawing in the art studio while the rest of us we in the batting cages. The whole Centeroo area had the feel of a Renaissance Festival: with lots of shops and food minus the sword play. Andrea and I got henna tattoos while the boys got fifteen minute massages for twenty bucks.

That night the VIP section through a party for us VIPers. Free alcohol until a certain time (like ten or eleven) and free food. People were plenty happy that night:) The VIP section was pretty small, and gated off from the rest of the farm. From anywhere in that section you could hear (and probably see) the What Stage (the main stage). The bathrooms had attendants in them, clean and airconditioned.
Mikey
There were showers and free shampoo and conditioner. We had our own entrance into Centeroo and a separate viewing area of the main stages.

After dinner we took a nap and then got up to see Lez Zeppelin at midnight. An all female rock group covering only Led Zeppelin hits, they were incredible. They opened up with Immigrant Song, and she nailed the introduction! Halfway through that song this guy in front of me passes right out and his friends have to drag him away. Then we move up, obviously, and the group of guys in front of us are passing a joint around. And that's the way Bonnaroo is. There are no police officers, just safety officers. People do their own thing and they leave other people alone. Sure you could do what you wanted there, but if you didn't want to do anything you'd have no problems with that too.

Andy