When Sick In Heaven

Gimmelwald Travel Blog

Gimmelwald Switzerland: 5/28-29/08

Well not a whole bunch to write up for these days. It has been rainy off and on and I have come down with a head cold. It started off as allergies but my head is now all congested. So with the pissy weather and not feeling that hot, the only hiking I have felt up for is the paved hike up to Murren; which is one of the most beautiful walks that one can take. We have free wireless here at Walters so that has been the saving grace for the last few days. Most of the time I have spent looking out from the windows at the waterfalls and just relaxed while trying to shake off this cold. The last few dinners we have had a good group of people. Since Dave and I have been here a few times everyone asks Dave, Tim or I about the area. Dave has some fun multiple choice and true and false questions about Gimmelwald, people really like tackling these questions.

Walters is a 99 year old building with creaky wooden floors and steps, doors that squeal when opening and closing, showers that give 5 minutes of hot water for 1chf and views that are truly worth a million dollars. This place is run by three people; Walter the founder who is 84 years old, Tim the flying British vagabond, and Rose Marie the sweet older but not quite all there Swiss lady. This place truly is a gem and I hope it stays this way for as long as possible.

photo by: erin217