Rain Rain Go Away!

Flam Travel Blog

Flam Norway Day 3: 6/10/08

Today was a lazy day in Flam. The weather has been off and on rain all day so the plans for renting bikes went right out the window. The three of us ended up watching a movie on my laptop (In the Valley of Allah) and talking all day. It was nice to have a day like this to just wind down from all the traveling and go go go pace we have been on. However, with the time to think about things I find myself looking at my watch and seeing that the days over here are coming to an end.

It has been nice having my friend Angelica here for the last few days. I have greatly enjoyed her company. Wish we had the time to go to her town, Stavanger Norway .

Angelica’s rental car had one tire that had a slow leak, so she and I drove to the next town to find an air compressor and get some fix a flat sealant for her tire. The drive was nice and I got to see some more of the fjord; it really is amazing to see these big cruise ships in this little valley. We had dinner at the usual café, and one again I had the fresh salmon fish. Since Angelica and I go there right before they stopped serving I got an extra serving of Salmon for no extra charge. I thought Dave was going to start crying after he looked at my plate full of Salmon. The fish here is so fresh and tastes so good!

The rest of the night we just sat around talking and laughing. It truly was a nice relaxing day here in Flam.

Tomorrow we are off to Bergen Norway via boat ride through the fjords, winding bus ride up the steepest road in Norway , and finally a train into Bergen .

photo by: mountaingirl