How Short Are Those Shorts??

Stockholm Travel Blog

Stockholm Sweden: 6/2-6/3/08

We left Malmo Monday morning and took a four hour train ride up to Stockholm . It was not the longest train ride I have been on, but I was wiped out by the time we got to Stockholm and found our place. Dave was a little lost for awhile when we first walked out of the central station. I pulled out the GPS and we found our way to the hostel. We are staying in a nice Backpackers Hostel here in Stockholm ; sharing the room with two Germans. Dave and I got some dinner and then walked around the main pedestrian streets ending up on a hilltop where the old city observatory is. There were so many people up there picnicking and enjoying the amazing weather.

Returning to the hostel it was a night for getting laundry done.

I can’t believe all the good looking girls/women in this city! I have heard stories about this city, but my goodness! They are a penny a dozen up here. Toss a penny into a crowd and you are bound to hit a dozen of them, haha!

Tuesday morning we got a quick breakfast then headed down to get on a boat tour of the Stockholm bay. It was a great way to see some of the city from the waterfront. After that we headed over to the royal palace to watch the changing of the guard. It was quite the production! It went on for a good thirty minutes, with marching band and all. After that we walked around the old city (which dates back to the 1300’s) and had some lunch. Now we are back at the hostel just kicking back and relaxing from a long day of walking around and being out in this beautiful sunny weather. Later we are heading out for a big food festival they have going on here in the city.

Tomorrow evening we board a boat and take an overnight cruise over to Turku Finland where we will catch a train and head to Helsinki for the day. It will be a whirlwind tour of this city. After touring the city we will then jump on a flight to Oslo Norway .

I see some light at the end of this tunnel is scary (only 9 more days left). I am not ready for this great adventure to be over with. I could easily spend another month over in Europe !
Stockholm