Time to head home......

Albuquerque Travel Blog

4:30 AM - My stretched limo pulls up ready to drive me to La Guardia Intl Airport. Eric, the driver, has been working all night and got finished with a Bachelorette group before getting me. It was nice to ride in style. :)

6:00 AM - I check into my United Airlines flight and wait for my 0730 boarding.

7:30 AM - After announcing for a while for people not to come up for a seat number to be assigned (they'll call you by name), UA starts boarding my flight. But wait! I didn't get a seat number! Apperently someone at my base's TMO office didn't submit the tickets as purchased, even though I had a confirmation number and my bags got to go. :P Oh well, I get rebooked on a American Airlines flight @ 1120. It's all up from there.

11:00 AM - Get on flight to Dallas. Right before I hand my ticket ticket to the lady she asks the guy in front of me if he is ok with his emergency exit row. He says "yes". I say, "Lucky, I wish I had one." The counter girl says let me check and she finds me one right there as I'm waiting to board. Sweet!

This is where I stop makking time notes for now, because I travel through 2 different time zones & I have no idea. :P

In Dallas I wait to board my plane to NM. I wore my uniform for this trip. Many reasons, but the main one was because they just started allowing us to wear BDU's on commercial flights if on orders, and I've always been jealous of the Army for getting to. Lucky me, The counter guy calls me and this Army dude up and upgrades our tickets to first class cause we're in uniform. Sweet.

I get to Albequerque  pick up my luggage without having to wait like everyone else because it arrive 3 hours earlier on United. :P and take the shuttle to get my rental car. I ask what car am I getting? The girl says I'm down for a Chevy Cobalt. I don't know what that is, but it sounds small. She concurs. She says she can upgrade me to a bigger car and stay within my military pricing parameters. I get a very nice Chrysler 300 with Sirrius radio. I am a happy camper.

So now it's 7:45 PM. I have internet in my room, and I am gonna go eat dinner. This little trip is shapeing up nicely. :)

To Be Cont.....................

Just got back from downtown. Only a couple hundred kids out "cruising" on a Sunday night. :P I went to the Chama Brewing Co. Micro Pub. I had a delicious Oatmeat Stout & IPA!

Got my learn on(thatz why I'm here. :P).

Had some tasty New Mex food for lunch. Delicious! I had the red sauce. :)

Dinner: Taco Bell. I know, but I ate @ 10pm. And everybody else was closed.

Lunch @ Japanese Kitchen. I had some tasty sushi. mmm mmm mmmmmmmmm!

Dinner was out to Kelly's brewery. Large selection and I had a great gardenburger.

Time to head back.

Turned in my rental. *tear*

Took a pic of the base with some mountain background:

Checked in with a couple hours to burn. What to do? Hey wait! There was a brewpub in the airport! schweet!

Then took my flight with a layover in Denver.

Arrived in Denver, & guess what? My connecting flight is....................CANCELLED!!!! Oh yay. So now I'm scheduled to fly out on Thursday morning. A day late & I'm supposed to fly to Oregon on Friday. No rest for the wicked, but I suppose I don't need to go into detail on that little saying. :^)

Now I'm @ The Radisson in Denver and get on the shuttle for my trip back to the airport @  6AM. Weeeeeeeee!

Albuquerque Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Microbrew while passing through.....
This is a nice spot to stop through while traveling into, out of, or through the Albuquerque International Sunport. They have a variety of microbrews … read entire review
photo by: vances