Starting my trip

Westhampton Beach Travel Blog

4:30 AM - My stretched limo pulls up ready to drive me to La Guardia Intl Airport. Eric, the driver, has been working all night and got finished with a Bachelorette group before getting me. It was nice to ride in style. :)

6:00 AM - I check into my United Airlines flight and wait for my 0730 boarding.

7:30 AM - After announcing for a while for people not to come up for a seat number to be assigned (they'll call you by name), UA starts boarding my flight. But wait! I didn't get a seat number! Apperently someone at my base's TMO office didn't submit the tickets as purchased, even though I had a confirmation number and my bags got to go. :P Oh well, I get rebooked on a American Airlines flight @ 1120. It's all up from there.

11:00 AM - Get on flight to Dallas. Right before I hand my ticket ticket to the lady she asks the guy in front of me if he is ok with his emergency exit row. He says "yes". I say, "Lucky, I wish I had one." The counter girl says let me check and she finds me one right there as I'm waiting to board. Sweet!

This is where I stop makking time notes for now, because I travel through 2 different time zones & I have no idea. :P

In Dallas I wait to board my plane to NM. I wore my uniform for this trip. Many reasons, but the main one was because they just started allowing us to wear BDU's on commercial flights if on orders, and I've always been jealous of the Army for getting to. Lucky me, The counter guy calls me and this Army dude up and upgrades our tickets to first class cause we're in uniform. Sweet.

I get to Albequerque  pick up my luggage without having to wait like everyone else because it arrive 3 hours earlier on United. :P and take the shuttle to get my rental car. I ask what car am I getting? The girl says I'm down for a Chevy Cobalt. I don't know what that is, but it sounds small. She concurs. She says she can upgrade me to a bigger car and stay within my military pricing parameters. I get a very nice Chrysler 300 with Sirrius radio. I am a happy camper.

So now it's 7:45 PM. I have internet in my room, and I am gonna go eat dinner. This little trip is shapeing up nicely. :)

Westhampton Beach