No wine for me :(

Napa Valley Travel Blog

Ok so we drove for hours today.  Went from San Fran over the golden gate to Marin County.  I made a pit stop at Duane's ometown of Novato and took some pics of his home since he couldn't be here to see it himself.  Then followed the 101 north to Napa Valley and Sonoma county.  They're going through an usual hot spell here in Cali, at some points it was over 100 degrees.  So to me the area felt alot like texas.  The land seemed dried up and the rolling hills weren't full of green life like had been down in San Fran.  But it was still gorgeous.  The wineries had some amazing flowers and thank god i quit smoking because the smell of fruit and flowers out here is really something to appreciate.  We stopped at a winery to have a picnic lunch in the shade.  I considered for a split second getting a bottle of sauvignon blanc to go with my gouda cheese sandwich...but I couldn't do it.  I'm going on day 3 of no cigarettes and no alcohol, and if i'm going to take this detox trip seriously then no exceptions can be made.  So instead I admired the beautty of the place and the sweet sweet grapes that used to bring me such joy and I got back in the car and begrudgingly drove on.

Napa Valley