0136. Canada has it better (Canada 01--revisit)

Niagara Falls Travel Blog

Trivia question: What's something Canada has that the United States doesn't have?

Answer: A fantastic view of Niagara Falls!

If nothing else, it’s worth crossing to Canada just to for the breathtaking  panoramic view you get from the falls on that side.  Here you can really feel the full power of nature as you gaze across to the full breadth of the endless thundering water spectacle.

I came here back in 2003 with my on our way back from a 1 week Midwest vacation.  It was fun to share the moment with her as she saw here first true natural wonder.  This time it’s just me and the guitar coming to re-experience this place and discover the soul of Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

Ironically, it seems that Canada has also outdone its brother to the south when it comes to over the top tourist trap—something I thought America had a monopoly on. Within a few blocks there are no fewer than 4 wax museums, 4 haunted houses, an indoor zoo, an indoor water park and endless little attraction begging for you to open up your wallet.    Maybe I haven’t looked hard enough, but it seems that that’s about all there is to the city!  In comparison, Niagara Falls, New York is a truly authentic cultural discovery.

So… let’s just enjoy the falls…

Niagara Falls