Situ Patenggang With Family and Ayako-san

Bandung Travel Blog

Situ Patenggang as the background

When we arrived at Situ Patenggang, it was not raining but cloudy. We had a picnic at the gazebo. It was not as spectacular as my picnic with my friends. We couldn't dine under the sky because it could rain anytime.

After having lunch, my daughters asked me to explore the lake by boat. Actually, I was worried because it was going to rain. But, a bunch of teenagers came and would do it. So, I decided to go too. So... there we were, Ayako, my daughters, me, and them boarded onto the boat.

The boat used machine, but... it was hard to start... When it started and we were in the middle of the lake, the machine stopped. The boat man couldn't start the machine again! Arin, my eldest, started to worry. Waited not too long, a friend of the boat man came using another boat.

The lake
He helped to start the machine and it worked. Yippee...

Another problem came, it rained hard and the wind blew hard too... We couldn't see the land, the fog was very thick. And, we were wet because the wind blew the rain toward us. Besides that, the boat roof leaked... So, there we were... wet and cold... Actually, I felt uncomfortable and a little bit afraid. But, those teenagers were chatting, giggling, and laughing. Their laughters and noise calmed me. I also tried not to regret my decision to go on the boat, instead I tried to enjoy being poured by the rain.

At last we landed. We were wet and it was still raining. So, we ran to the car. All I wanted was dry cloth and dry place.

Then, we continued to the villa. The villa was among the tea plantation.

Raya and Nanta
The plantation is called Rancabali, belongs to goverment. The villa was small and very simple. It had 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a dining room, a living room, and a kitchen. There was hot water in the tub. It was naturally hot, so we couldn't ajust it into warm.

After taking a bath and changed our cloths, we felt comfortable. I took my daughter to looked around. It was not so cold after I took a bath. I let my daughters ran to the tea plantation, even there were puddles and I didn't know whether there were snakes or not.

IN the evening, we dined at the villa. My sister rented the villa and also ordered the food from the management. The food was so so. The light in the villa was not bright and there was only a small TV that didn't have clear picture. So, we decided to go to bed early. There was nothing for us to do.

It was very cold inside the villa. Even I wore thick jacket but it couldn't resist the cold. I couldn't sleep. Ayako said it was like in Japan during autumn. I couldn't imagine how cold it be if it is in winter.

Yeah...