Bandung Travel Blog

Kampung Daun

The next morning, I picked Deddy and Ito at the hotel. They were swimming when I came. Since my sister, Pipit, and her husband, Agus, joined us so I didn’t have to drive. Agus did.

Agus and Pipit took us to look around Bandung. We tried durian ice cream at the parlor behind Boromeus Hospital. I liked it but, the portion was big for one. Durian was delicious if only ate enough, not too much. L

Then, we went to Kampung Daun for lunch. It was my first time to dine there even I had heard about a long time ago. I like the atmosphere. Just like its name “Kampung Daun” (Village of Leaves), it was like a village. The dining places were huts among the trees and plants.

They served traditional food. The food was well served and delicious. On the way back to the car, we bought some traditional snack, such as gulali (candy), and kue ape (traditional pancake). I wanted introduce them to Ito.

After having lunch, we planned to go back to Jakarta straight away. Since we had not reserved seats for travel, so we didn’t get ones. It was Sunday, many people wanted to go back to Jakarta from Bandung. So, Agus took us to the bus station. We got the seats. The travel was comfortable and we arrived back to Jakarta safe and sound.

The entrance of Kampung Daun
Kue Ape traditional pancake
"Kue Ape" traditional pancake
Kue Ape
"Kue Ape"
Pose with Mbok Jamu traditonal r…
Pose with "Mbok Jamu" traditonal …
Going home