Kinda stupid

Washington Travel Blog

I have never been a big fan of orientations. I just kind of want to get on with it. This orientation has been the best part of three days, and it has been less than thrilling. I will be travelling with thirty other students (mostly recently grads, graduates students, and phd candidates) to tunisia for a little over two months to study arabic. we are funded by the department of state. i'm usually pretty okay at meeting people, but this has been admittedly tough. unfortunately, it is ruining some on my confidence and excitement about the trip. i have to just choose to not let it be that way. tomorrow we are flying to frankfurt where we will have a day long layover when we will probably explore the city. unlike my other trips there is no kind of organization, so there is a general awkward free for all, where some people get left behind. this awkward situation leads to some clique-ness, but it's all fine. some of the people i have met are really nice and i feel like once we get to tunisia i will want to go explore with them. for now, i am just going to try to chill out (this seems impossible). tomorrow my roommate and i are going to get up early and go to the holocaust museum and then meet up back at the hotel to head to the airport. this is as far as i have gotten. i just don't want to get lost and be all alone in germany for 14 hours. UGH.
Washington