Buying equipment!

Brighton Travel Blog

A Brighton-centric weekend.

I bought travelling shoes (Rohan, I have heard that they are good) and Chris and I bought Berghaus rucksacks. Tried them on in the shop and then found them £35 cheaper on the internet :-)
It's a bit scary buying all the equipment as we're gonig to rely on it so much over the coming months. I have started wearing my shoes and they rub which disappoints me greatly, but then I guess that's the point of breaking them in before we go - better to have shoes that rub now rather than in the middle of Delhi.

The local paper is doing an eat for £5 offer so we took great advantage of that. On Saturday Chris and I ate at Gar's Chinese Restaurant (Prince Albert Street) and had the best prawn toast I have ever had. The prawns on top were just so thick and juicy... and the salt-and-pepper chilli chicken was divine. All in all a great success. Although I think it's a bit expensive if you go without the vouchers.

And on Sunday we met friends and used seven tokens to eat at More in Trafalgar Street. The normal menu was £11.95 so we made a very good saving there. And there was steak on the menu! Chris was obviously pleased:-)
We have a vegan friend and sadly the chefs didn't seem to know that vegans can eat neither milk nor cheese... I almost expected the him to come out saying, 'but you're OK with wafer-thin ham, yes?'
For the meat-lovers the steak was great and the chicken casserole very tasty with a spicy gravy.
And they forgot to take our tokens so we have seven left! So we're off to the Angel bar in Shoreham tonight to sample their tapas.

I'm on a top-secret mission next weekend so I can't talk about it:) But one thing is certain:  I will be wearing my new shoes!

photo by: petit_gooroo