Time to work..

Kralupy nad Vltavou Travel Blog

Outside the train station

Today we woke up and got straight to work.  Just as a little background information...  The place where we are staying is called Betel (www.betel.org) It is a Christian rehabiliation center for men who have drug and alcohol problems.  They are totally self-funded by the people men in the center who do things like run furniture stores, landscaping, painting, furniture restoration, etc.  Betel has over 60 centers in 16 countries around the world.  They expanded into the Czech Republic in the summer of 2006.  There are a lot of people in America who support Betel and one way they do this is by sending over teams to do construction.  That's exactly what we are doing here.  Betel is a very special place for me becauyse I went to the center in Birmingham, England to receive help back in 2001 for a drug problem that I had.

The Betel Center
I stayed at the center for a total of 4 and a half years and during that time I became a leader and even went to open a new center in Australia.  2 years ago, I came back to the States to finish going to school.  When the opportunity came up for me to go and help out the Czech team, I jumped on it.  So now I find myself in Kralupy, Czech Republic!!

SO as for the construction, we are framing in a free-standing structure inside of a barn.  The reason it is free-standing is because the barn is over 100 years old and cannot actually support much.  Anyways, we started our job this morning.  We have alot of work to do but I know we'll get it all done!

The furniture shop