Ahh... Business Class.. What a nice way to finish this trip!

Shenandoah Valley Travel Blog

Today I travelled back home to the States a day later than originally planned.  I had to be back at Frankfurt Airport by 8am so I was up early to take a shower and then go down to get some breakfast.  The buffet looked great but I wasn't very hungry.  I ate something quickly then got my bags and checked out of the hotel.  I was supposed to fly back into Charlottesville, VA but I decided to ask at the Uited counter if they could put me on a flight to Shenandoah because the airport is literally 2 miles from my house. They were able to get me the last seat at no cost which was great!!  So after that I went to check in.  Because I gave up my economy seat to a passenger yesterday, the airline put me in Business class today.  I was able to check in , in the Business class line which had the little red carpet which I always thought was a dumb idea, but this time I didn't care!!  After a couple of hours of waiting, I boarded the plane.  I got to my seat and smiled as I actually got plopped down in my seat.  Soon, the economy passengers were filing through and I thought to myself "That's right.. I know you're jealous of me in my big seat.. keep on moving to the back..."  As quickly as that thought came, it left just the same.  I remembered that I was going to Africa this summer and will have a crazy flight itinereary and will do the whole thing in coach...  My smile turned to a frown..   After getting settled in my seat, I was offered a glass of champagne sat their enoying it as we were taxing for take off.  Before I knew it we were in the air and heading back to the States.  The flight was by far the best I have ever had and I enjoyed every second of it.  we got back to Washington and of course headed right into the mob of passports and customs.  I got my luggage and headed to my next gate for my flight back home.  I finally made it back to my house and was asleep within a couple of hours.  This trip was GREAT!!!
Shenandoah Valley