A little warning would have been nice...

Mikulov Travel Blog

Town square

After touring Brno, we arrived in the small town of Mikulov around 5:00 pm. We explored the sights and had a quick dinner. Our tour guide advised us not to eat very much, because there would be food served at the wine tasting. That was the first mistake for many people. After dinner, we entered into the wine cellar and all 25 of us were seated at various picnic tables. Two carafes of wine were on each table, one white, one red. We assumed that this was the wine tasting. We quickly figured out that these carafes came with endless free refills (they don't even do that with water here!). After about two hours of the bottomless carafes, they led us into another wine cellar where the actual wine tasting began. For some people, it was far too late. The next morning, we found out our spelunking trip in the caves of Moravia was cancelled due to the events of the previous evening. Frown. Apparently bottomless carafes didn't work out for 4 of the people (and 2 of the hotel rooms for that matter) on the trip. Don't worry Mom and Dad -- I wasn't one of the four (nor were any of my roommates). Go me.

Mikulov Chateau