Notre Dame

Paris Travel Blog

4:15pm Tuesday, June 29, 2004

This morning came way earlier than wanted. I didn’t get to sleep until after 3am and the alarm went off at 8:30am. I ignored it as long as I could and got in the shower at 9:45. We went to breakfast at 9:15. Virginia and I, before finishing packing. We all finished up and went to the metro station together. We had opposite directions of travel so said our final goodbyes and parted ways.

I made it to my final place to sleep in Paris, the Peace and Love hostel. I am definitely ready to get home today. I am tired of having to lug my bags from place to place. I met up with Jeff and Matt at 10:30am and checked in.

Beautiful sun behind it
We headed out for our last day in Paris, me to Notre Dame and them to the Eiffel Tower. We planned to meet up at the tower at 3.

At 11:30 I got to Notre Dame. I realized I forgot to put more film in my backpack so after I bought more film I was good to go. The church was beautiful, all the stain glass windows were perfectly lit up by the sun. It was a great time and day to go. The lines to the tower were ridiculously long which I knew they would be which is why I wasn’t disappointed when I decided to skip it. I have found that it is more about seeing the attraction than seeing from it. At least, nothing can really compare after being on top of the Eiffel Tower.

I did some souvenir shopping looked around fro an ATM and phone for 30 min.

The stained glass window
Finally found both. I got to talk to Mom and Dad for a while and it just made me want to be home even more. I went to a jewelry store on the lower bank of the Seine after my phone call and bought 2 really pretty rings. One for me and one for Stacie for her birthday. I hope it fits her because it was the only size they had left. It fits one of mine so maybe her middle finger. I also bought her a cute frame with the Eiffel Tower and L’Arc de Triumphe. (To this day we both still wear our  rings every day as a reminder of what I did on my own and how much I want to go back!)

After shopping I headed to the Eiffel Tower to relax and read before meeting the guys. As I was walking from the metro, I ran right into them. It only took them an hour and they wanted food. We tried a restaurant but they wouldn’t let us split a pizza so we left and went back to the tower. We decided to get my ice cream FINALLY until we could find something else. We ended up getting the concession under the tower and I had fries and water.

We were beat so we came back to the hostel. Jeff had to get his bags and head to the train station by 4pm. Matt joined him to make his reservations for tomorrow but I stayed behind to chill and read. I am so exhausted I am just trying to wind down my trip. I think Matt and I will just chill here at the hostel for the rest of the night. We both have to get up early tomorrow to travel and I have a full day in London again so I definitely want to get my rest. I’m ready to dive back into the Da Vinci Code.

side view
side view
back view
back view
Even the sun spots make it beautif…
Even the sun spots make it beauti…
Paris