Goodbye Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Me and Matt our last night in Paris chillin in the hostel room

9:02am Wednesday June 30, 2004

“I am just sitting on the Eurostar waiting for it to depart Paris. In about 20 minutes I will officially be leaving Paris. I’m not sure how I feel about leaving. I will miss Paris and my adventures but I really miss home. I miss my bed and all my stuff. I miss my cell phone, my car and even my job.

Last night was just really chill. We hung out for a while, found a pizza place to get pizza from then Matt and I played a couple rounds of King’s Corner card game before heading to bed. The room was so hot and uncomfortable. I woke up extremely early and sat in the lounge of the train station for an hour. I’d rather be here than be late.

I was looking in my bookbag and I noticed my book of French phrases. I did not open it once. I am really proud of myself. My French held up well. Everyone kept telling me how lost they would be without me and how comfortable I looked in the city. I was very happy to hear that, a great success for my 5 years of studying! Everyone loved how prepared and in charge I was. I definitely am glad I came, sad I am leaving because I don’t know when I will return but happy to be closer to going back to Florida.

This kid sitting next to me on the train stinks. His breath is kickin and had really bad body odor like throw up. Hopefully I can fall asleep and he will get off before London! Please!"

Me and Matt our last night in Pari…
Me and Matt our last night in Par…
Paris