Gatwick

Gatwick Travel Blog

June 24, 2006   10:35am

"I am on the Gatwick Express waiting for it to take off to London Victoria Station. I have officially freaked out for the first time. The second I heard my mom's voice, I began to cry. I am sooo scared. I feel like I have no idea where I am going. It is so weird being here in a foreign country by myself. Ok, so I need to put this up so I don't begin crying again. Au revoir."

So....freaking out was an understatement. I am not embarrassed to say that I was bawling when I picked up the phone. I was walking out of the terminal area of the airport and just lost it. I was so glad it was at least I place I could read the signs, I don't know what I would have done then, but I just realized what I big step I had taken for myself and just expressed it with tears.

Kat4454 says:
Well done Rebecca, I know how you feel. I was fed up of waiting for friends to travel with so decided to go to Peru on my own last year. It was so scary and I felt exactly like you did, I was reduced to tears whenever I spoke to my family and friends. But at the same time it was exhilarating and I got to learn more about myself. I had always thought I was a weak person but obviously not. Now I won't think twice about travelling alone. :D
Posted on: Mar 27, 2008
Katayama says:
Well, kudos for you to carry on. I've known people to just give it up and leave there and then.

Its just the fear of the unknown and the unfamiliar that gets you, but at the same time, the feeling that you have escaped from everything and you know that you can do anything you want far outweighs the cons of going solo :)
Posted on: Aug 17, 2007