Holed in by the weather

Saint Just Travel Blog

VERY windy in the night but thankfully, my tent was in a very sheltered spot behind bushes. I got out in the night to check the pegs though. When I got out of the tent in the morning, there was another one close by that hadn't been there when I went to bed. Gulp! I'd got out to check the pegs dressed in only a T-Shirt. If they saw me, they must have thought it was a full moon! The rain started at 8am while I was making a decision about the day - made! I got soaked just going to the toilet. The site proprieter warned me that the coast path is very treachorous from St Just when the weather is bad so I walked into St Just when the rain eased a little. There was nothing open except the Co-op so I went to church - a very friendly methodist. i was even offered a lift back to the site but with all day to kill, I decided I'd walk. I enjoyed coffee and the Sunday paper in a hotel instead and then had a leisurely walk to the golf club where I enjoyed more paper and coffee. I met some fellow coasters but they were doing it the B&B way. The work definitely starts tomorrow but it's been a pleasant delay today.
Saint Just