NYC meet up

New York Travel Blog

police on a hourse. is it how it works in NY? :)
Day 9 - cloudy - sunny

Today is the big day. I came here for THIS!

Last night, Lynette asked us if we wanted to go on a cruise so we said yes. Lynetto, her friend Van, Josh, Warren, Nico and I went to cruise. It was 2 hour cruise to see south side of Manhattan. Warren and Nico showed up 10 seconds before the boat leaves LOL!!!
It was pretty crowded. There was a middle age man who explains everything about the city but I couldn't hear well because there were lots of kids crying and fighting plus I wasn't pay attention :P
We all went to outside. It was fun seeing views from there but I was very cold standing out there so I went inside for bathroom and have some hot tea (it was a big tea!!) I was gona go back to outside when I'm done drinking tea. I couldn't finish tea and it was TOO cold for me to get back so I decided to stay inside.
I didn't tell anyone that I went inside so about half an hour later, Lynette called me asked me where I was. I told her I was sitting next to coffee stand. I think they were looking for me. OOps :P I didn't see anyone looking for me though?? Maybe it's because I was in bathroom???
Anyway, 2 hour cruise was fun except the wind outside :)

After the cruise, we went to Indian restaurant by LIMO!!!!! Even this limo was old and crappy I enjoyed :) I've never used limo before so it was cool!
Had lunch at fancy Indian restaurant. Japanese Indian restaurants are not fancy at all. Somtimes stinky, very dark. Food is great though.
We were there for a few hours, I think. They had weird dessert though... Carrot something and noodle something.. weird!!!

Josh and Lynette left for their own places.
Three of us went to Central Park. I wanted to go, actually. I didn't have chance to go there last time I was in NY. Well, it's just huge that we didn't have enough time to walk around. We went to a mary-go-round ; Carousel.  I just read this about my NY guid book and says this Carousel is hand made in 1903. WOW!! That's why horses' face were weird!! haha!!
I felt I was back in 5 years old. I felt good!!!! You need it once in a while :)  Back in 5 years old!
It was only a couple of minutes ride but was fun!!

By the time we left was already after 5pm so we went back to our own hostesl.
I took subway but right before my station, I had to change the train and went to a wrong side... went to chinatown..OOPS!!
I could have walked but didn't know where was I and I was a bit panicked because it was already 5:40pm or so!! I took a cab back to hostel.

I got to Delancey about quater after six. Went up stairs. Ok, it's cold up there!!!!! I had to wear my jacket all the time!!
I knew some people from last night but others, I don't even recognize. Some I don't even know they are TBs or not!!
I'm sure pretty much everyone there was from TB. hahaha :D
I was SO hungry so I decided to eat first and talk later.
Now, I'm ready to chat!! It took some time to figure who's who... and for me, it was hard to remember everyone's name!! Especially none TB members and TB's who I didn't keep in touch!
Aaaanyway,  I talked to people I wanted to so I was so HAPPY!!!! TB peoeple are so friendly and super cool!!! You guys rock!!! I miss them already.. :(
At around 9 or so, we all went downstairs for more drinks and have more party.
We all had to hold our own jackets and everything so it wasn't comfortable dancing but it was okay. It was a small place but people never stop coming!!! I guess this place is poplular, huh?
I liked that place so I thank everyone who organized this meet up ;) I liked the bar last night too!!!
When I looked around,  many TBs left already. I didn't say good bye to them!!! :((

At around 11pm, three of us went for walking. We walked on a bridge. It wasn't Brooklyn Bridge but it was still nice to walk and see a nice view of New York!!!!
And then we decided to have late night dessert. We all had a huge dessert (of course, it's America!). None of us can finished that up! haha!! Too big!!!!

My big day in New York is over now. Didn't have enough time to talk to everyone!!!!!! But I'm so glad to see you guys and I'm so happy that I came here all the way from Japan. This is one of my unforgettable memories already ;)
Miss you ALL!!!!!
police on a hourse. is it how it w…
police on a hourse. is it how it …
group shot 1
smoke..
smoke..
lynette and van
lynette and van
i love this photo!! josh is smilin…
i love this photo!! josh is smili…
brooklyn bridge
brooklyn bridge
our boat
our boat
horses everywhere in NY!!!
horses everywhere in NY!!!
boys having fun :)