Arriving in Montreal

Montreal Travel Blog

at calgary airport with Yuri
Day 5 - snow(calgary), sunny(montreal)

I stayed at friend's mother's friend's house (that sounds complicated. haha) who is Japanese. We had Japanese style breakfast!
My friend Yuri is leaving for Canmore by bus after I leave so she stayed with me until I leave.
We are best friends for ages. She's going to live in Canada for at least a year so this is our last time to talk in person.  We had about an hour to talk. We didn't talk much, more like relaxing. I guess we were all tired.
My flight was 10:55am so we hugged and said goodbye. We almost cried!! Only a year and we can talk on msn or something so we'll be fine ;)

The plane took off at 11:35am. It was 3 hours and 44 minutes flight. Not bad at all. I was just so tired so I slept pretty much the whole time.
at 11am : -5 degrees
I only had one snack. I guess they had twice! I missed once!!!! Oh well..
When I left Calgary, it was -5 degrees, but when I arrived in Montreal, it was 18 degrees!!!! What's this difference? From winter to summer? And it's the same country. CRAZY!

Ok, so I arrived in Montreal. This is my first east coast in Canada.  My friend told me this is a wonderful place so I was looking forward to seeing this city.
While I was waiting for my backpack at baggage claim, I  looked around because my TB friends- Sondos, Samia and Nico were supposed to pick me up at the airport. I couldn't find them so I kept waiting at baggage claim. A few minutes later, someone tapped my shoulder.
at 5pm : 18 degrees
I looked up and there was Nico standing with his smile. We hugged and started talking. We've been talking on msn for this past few weeks so I kinda knew about him. We were talking how crazy we are or things like that on msn but he wasn't crazy at all!!! I thought he's more crazier! Maybe it's because it was our first time..  If people say he's crazy then I'll be what..? crazy x10? haha :D
Then I met up with Sondos and Samia! They are sweet!!! Thanks for picking me up at the airport, guys ;)

We drove down to the city and started walking.  To tell you the truth girls, I don't remember where we went lol!! I know that's horrible but I was just following you guys and taking pictures randomly..  But I remember we went to Old Montreal, Chinatown, Mont Royal and W hotel! hahahaha!!!!
We went to Mont Royal at night.
this is where i lost my cell phone
It was pretty crowded and seemed like some of them were having a party!!
The view from there was amazing! It was just so beautiful!!! We saw some hungry racoons. One of them were so bad! I think she was the boss, EVIL racoon!!! Sondon was feeding them (chips) and this evil racoon ate them all!! It was funny!

After that, we went to Morrocan restaurant. I've never been to that kind of restaurant so it was interesting. They did Shisha (hooka) which I've never seen.. oh maybe I've seen it on TV, not sure.. It was pretty cool. Though I didn't try. I didn't want to try lol!!
For some reason, I wanted to do something with my cell phone, maybe I wanted to take a pic of Shisha or something.. OK, I CAN'T FIND MY CELL PHONE!!! I remember I took a pic at skating rink and went to bathroom after that.
W hotel! i think it's not a hotel, it's a club!
OH SHIT! I looked everywhere, even Sondos' car but it wasn't there. OH SHIT, SHIT!!!! I might left it in the bathroom... LOL!!!!!  Girls tried to call that place and luckily, the security has my phone. Thank GOD, someone picked my phone and brought it to security. I am so relieved!!!  After we had dinner there, we went back to skating rink and I got my phone back!!! ahhhh how stupid i was!!!!!!!   I WON'T LOSE MY PHONE AGAIN!!!  Thanks girls!!!!!

I said good bye to Sondos and Samia that night and me and Nico decided to walk around more. I knew there was gay village so we went to that street. OHhhhh!!!! WOW! It's my first time seeing tons of gay people! hahaha!!! It was so funny, they are so GAY! haha :D  I think Nico wasn't comfortable walking that street. Sorry, Nico ;P   I wanted to take some pics of that street but I didn't. I was a bit scared of taking photos there :P  Maybe I'll do that next time I go there!!!  But I remember everything in my head :)
We walked the other side of the street too. I don't remember how many hours we walked.. maybe a couple of hours or more??
We left for home cuz it was pretty late... What a great day I had!!

My first TB meeting was awesome!! And I already fell in love with this city!!!  I love it here!!
sondosabdelatif says:
cool blog! everything's pretty accurate... i think you remembered everything! glad you had fun in the gay village, i love it there :)
ratu says:
Great Blog!
mikevirgo0824 says:
nice blog, gloria!
this is where i lost my cell phone
W hotel! i think its not a hotel,…
W hotel! i think it's not a hotel…
a horse...in front of cool buiding
red church..
red church..
cute eh?
cute eh?
at Moroccan restaurant : my first …
at Moroccan restaurant : my first…
yup, its quebec :)