Slow Dancing in a Tranny/BoyBand/Brothel Nightclub

Busan Travel Blog

The theme for this blog has been established I think.  Me talking about things that I find odd or interesting about Korea. By far the most interesting, or at least the most recent, oddity that I have witnessed occured last night.  A big group of foreigners assembled outside a night club called Arabian Nights.  The club is in the basement of a hotel that resembles an off-the-strip Vegas casino, or more accurately any casino in Reno.  There are huge blinking lights all over the front of the hotel and the interior is filled with waterfalls, jungle plants, and a very large security force with earpieces at the front door and at every escalator.

I should mention there is a big difference between a bar and night club here.  At a night club everyone sits at one big booth, or several in our case, and there is no walk up bar.  The waiters, and I have never seen more employees at one single club in my whole life, perform two essential jobs:  serving drinks and fruit plates, and matchmaking.  You sit at your table and the waiter will bring over a girl who he thinks will like you and vice versa.  If you like the girl you tip the waiter.  I never figured out whether these girls were prostitutes or just girls with poor conversation starting skills.  I think there were too many girls at our table already or the Korean clubgoing girls were not interested in us because we didnt get one girl sent over.  I did witness some of these matches being made though and it looked very akward.

The nightclub has a stage with a variety act going on at all times.  When we got there, a high energy dance band fully clad in tuxedos and sunglasses was playing techno ska, if you can imagine it.  The dance floor was packed.  When they finished, the stage was cleared and there was something like a 2 person Caberet, I think thats what it is called.  The dancers had elaborate costumes with big feathers in their head and studded bras.  Well they finished their dance and then came back out in thongs and bras and then stripped.  About 1 minute into the strip show, i noticed that the short haired dancer had pretty big arms and was pretty sure i saw an adams apple.  I turned to my friend next to me and asked her "by chance, is that dancer with the short hair a dude?" She was pretty sure that he was in fact a dude, but he had on a bra that appeared to be full. Both dancers eventually stripped off their bras and both dancers had fake boobs, and as it turned out, both ended up being post op transvestites.  There is something with fake breasts on a man's frame that never quite looks right.  I did not expect this. Im pretty sure they fooled at least some people there and for being such a modest culture the crowd seemed to be with them 100%. Like a Tranny strip show had never happened, the next act was lowered from the ceiling, a boy band with pink ruffled shirts all missing one sleeve.  They had some elaborate dance moves and fake played their instruments.  In between each band, the romantic lights came on, the music got soft, and people everyone had a nice slow dance circa 8th grade.  It made me wonder why people abandon that section of dancing at clubs back home.  Everyone seems to enjoy it.  Does it always have to be this suggestive grinding and pole dancing?  How about a little slow dance right between "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and "Bringing Sexy Back"?

I decided at about 2:30am that I would go home before I spent too much money.  On the way out, a very enthusiastic and very drunk Korean, asked me where I was from and grabbed my arm.  He said I had to have some whiskey with him and his friends, in so many words.  He took me to this private room straight out of a rap video with sluttily dressed Korean girls and liquor bottles everywhere. In the 10 minutes I was in this room, my new sweaty and excited korean friend: offered to let me have sex with one of his Korean girl friends, asked me if I liked the sniff sniff (made a cocaine gesture, and asked if I like action movies like Rambo.  After politely refusing each of his very generous and hospitable offers and replying that I hadnt seen the new Rambo, I felt I had dissapointed him and that our whirlwind friendship was losing momentum.  I told him I needed to go home so that I could start downloading the new Rambo and gracefully left the private room.

apricotkisses says:
OOOOOOOOOOH MAN! LOL!!!! XD
Posted on: Dec 10, 2008
hewett48 says:
Daniel,
Can you buy me a Wharf-Rat Hat over there? Somebody stole the one I got in the Phillipines!

Reverend Raz Ma Taz
"First Church of the Last Laugh"
Posted on: Aug 24, 2008
charlieray85 says:
Daniel how are you? What have you been doin? Penny is not food!I wonder if you have ate dog didnt even know......
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008