!La Boca!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Hola. Well, like I wrote last night, Im back in BA. Julia and I are here till next Sunday night and we`re kinda freaking out that we will run out of things to do. Neither of us are really enthralled with city life so hopefully we have a fun time. Aileens amiga Julia wants to hang out this weekend sometime I bet that will be fun. Dad, Rebecca, and Blue are leaving tonight back to California. Honestly, Im so happy. Rebecca has done nothing but complain this entire trip........ like literally about everything. Shes sick now so its even worse. Whatever though, Dad has been fun to travel with.

So we just got back to our hostel on Corrientes Ave and Esmeralda. Its an Hosteling International place so it lacks character a bit but at least they speak english and the beds are comfy.

Llama and Lana.
Tomorrow night, Julia and I are moving back into Hostel Estoril in El Congreso. I cant wait considering Im totally in love with Demian, the hottie receptionist/manager. Hah. That place was really cool looking, quiter neighborhood, and they have beer and sausages on the roof at night. Delightful. :)

We took a remise (cab) to el barrio de La Boca this morning. Ya know, its the neighborhood thats famous for all the buildings being painted really bright and colorful? Anyway, got acosted by people trying to get me to eat at their restaurant, old pervert men whispering "gringa hermosa," and bought a bunch of tourist shit I really dont want or need. Thats pretty normal though right? Haha.

I kinda wish I was going back to Salt Lake tonight however. Im flying in next Monday the 25th, missing the first day of classes, having to move into my new house, and starting school the very next morning at 9:45 am. Its gonna be so stressful no doubt. Oh, and then theres the Dave Matthews Band concert with Jordan which will be way fun but so much so soon. It will all work out Im sure.

Nos vemos. Lana