Dont you love it when things start looking up?

Bariloche Travel Blog

La Región de los Siete Lagos.
You know how I said we would be moving into an actual house yesterday? Well, after standing in the snow on the road for several hours, we realized that our rental car was WAY too small for all of us so we turned it down. Then we turned down the house because apparently if the car was too small, the house would be the same. Humiliated, we walked back into Patanuk Hostel and got our rooms back. Julia and Wes ended up going across the street to a hotel and paying more for a very similar room as here. Wes is leaving tomorrow, nearly two weeks early.

Despite all that, Blue, Rebecca, Dad, and I headed up to Cerro Catedral, finally! The mountain could have used some more snow but hey, Im sliding in August. Towards the bottom of the runs it felt a bit like a video game, dodging people, moguls, and bare spots, but for the most part the snow was soft and it felt awesome to ride.
Like riding on a minefield.
I spent a few hours by myself, riding up the chair lifts with local Argentinians. Most of them spoke no english so I took it as an opportunity to practice my bad spanish. I talked with a guy from Buenos Aires who was on holiday for nearly fifteen minutes, all in spanish, and understood everything! I asked if my spanish was good and he said that I had an american accent but that Im "totally bien." I spent the rest of the day stoked as you can imagine.

Once we got back to the hostel we met up with Julia and Wes and went back to Dias de Zapata, this awesome little mexican restaurant that serves the best food and best margaritas ever! We spent the rest of the night in the hostel chatting up the Aussies, Steve and Kelly, drinking beer called Quilmes, and convincing them that they are really welcomed to stay with us in Utah and ride anytime they want.
Cerro Catedral!
It was the best day so far.

It looks like Julia and I will be the only ones who stay in Argentina till the original 24th. We plan on returning to Buenos Aires with the rest of the group and spending time there. Kelly made us a list of a ton of things to do while we are there including; a visit to Montevideo, Uruguay, visit La Boca (the neighborhood with all the colors), shopping/eating in Palermo, go to a football match, etc. I think there is hope still yet for this trip.

Besos.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, while the guys are okay in Bariloche they are absolutly stunning in Buenos Aires. :)
Bariloche