Argentina!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Let's drink Quilmes!

Well, finally, after two days of mind numbing, flight delayed travel, I flew into Buenos Aires this morning. Stressful, yes indeed. It seems that the rest of my group has assigned me with every task and responsibility simply because I can speak bad spanish. There was much bitching about our accomodations, although once we arrived to our beautiful, clean, private, well staffed (hottie) hostel there were few complaints but no apologies.

Anyway, once we settled in we went out to a nice lunch of pasta, thick cream sauce, bread, wine, sherry, and limoncello. After speaking with the gorgeous staff at the hostel, Damian (although I believe it is spelled differently here), we went on a mission on the Subtu (got groped as to be expected) to the neighborhood of Belgrano to visit my future school.

Diagonal Norte
Unfortunately, La Universidad de Belgrano was not like The U because it lacked an actual campus. The barrio was very beautiful but the school consisted of one enormous buisness looking building. I spoke with the international advisor (all in Spanish, and yes, I was sweating profusely) and learned nothing different from what I knew before. However, it was good that I saw the setting.

Buenos Aires is a massive freaking city and I am completely overwhelmed. 10 million people is alot to deal with and I could not help feeling like I was putting myself in a situation way beyond my capabilities. I dont know what to do as of now but Im sure I can figure it out soon enough.

So I went upstairs to the roof of the hostel and talked to a number of dashing young men; australian, argentinian, brasilian, irish, etc and drank a few beers and had a few pieces of meat. We went for some late minute pizza and now Im going to sleep. Good day in my future home but I cant wait to go to Bariloche tomorrow!

Besos.

Sweetski says:
(#^-^#) sorry, :D
Posted on: Aug 12, 2008
Lanafromhawaii says:
Hey hey. There will be none of that now.
Posted on: Aug 12, 2008
Sweetski says:
"and had a few pieces of meat" was it the Australian, Argentinian, Brazilian or the Irish meat you had? ;D
Posted on: Aug 11, 2008