3 months till takeoff!

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Well kiddies, looks like I'm off on another adventure. Well, I mean, 3 months from today I will be. Two and a half weeks spent in the glorious nation of Argentina. I can't wait!!!! It will be my first of MANY trips to South America since I plan on studying in Buenos Aires next spring (a whole 'nother thing that I just can't get into right now. One thing at a time.) I'm going backpacking/snowboarding through Patagonia with my sister Julia, her boyfriend Wes, my dad, his girlfriend Rebecca, and her daughter Blue. Definitely more people than I would prefer to travel with, you know me, the lone wolf. Haha. But it will be awesome I'm sure of it.

We'll be spending a day and a half in Buenos Aires then off to Bariloche for a week. We'll be riding at the world famous Cerro Catedral and staying in a hostel right on the Nahuel Huapi Lake (also a national park). Then it's up to to Villa La Angostura to ride at Cerro Bayo for about five days, and finally to San Martín de los Andes to experience Chapelco. Wanna know the best part of it? I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT!!!!! Anyone who knows me at all knows that I've exhausted my life savings several times for adventures to Europe and around the country. Finally, for all that is holy, I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT!!!!!

Anyway, I'm very very excited about this. I get to practice my spanish and since I'm the only one in the group who can speak it, I'm hoping this will force me to be more confident. I'm pretty sure that my life rocks and uh yeah, I'll be keeping you updated, naturally.