My first skiing experience

Vermont Travel Blog

We were all up early to get in a full day of skiing, but still managed to miss the 8:00am bus to the slopes.  This meant that we had to walk about a mile along the road to get to Mt. Snow.  It was fantastic - every branch on every tree was weighed down with a thick covering of ice, like huge icy hands brushing our shoulders as we walked.  Pete took the opportunity to push me into a massive snow drift covering me from head to toe - good job I was in ski gear!

After the long process of paying for our rental gear, picking out boots, skiis and poles and struggling into it all, me, Sally and Pete headed to the bunny slopes for a ski lesson.  As it turns out, I SUCK at skiing!  There were lots of small children far more profitiant that I was whizzing past, but I tried not to let it put me off.

By the end of the day I was completly exhausted and there was not a single part of my body that did not hurt.  Back at our place after a long hot shower we all had fun sitting in the hot tub and drinking beer.  My hair froze where it wasn't under the water of the tub, and the beer we left outside froze too - quite an experience!