Stuck on the mountain

Vermont Travel Blog

Today we tried a couple of green runs on the mountain.  It started easily enough with a nice short slope down to the cafeteria.  When we stopped for lunch we ran into Tait and Andrew who are much more experienced skiers and had been shooting down the mountain all morning.  Somehow they managed to convince all of us to catch the chairlift all the way to the top of the mountain and take on a green slope back to the bottom.

he ride in the chairlift was terrifying - at onhe point it stopped dangling and swinging above trees that were so far below they seemed like lego peices.  Completely traumatised we arrived at the summit but unluckily for me I was sharing a chair with Pete who knocked me to the ground with his massive flailing armsas we got off!  Sooooo embarrassing.  It was all worth it when I stood up and say the view though.  All together we stood and regarded it before taking a few group shots then heading down the mountain.

Well,  I estimate that I must have fqallen over at least 400 times in the hour that followed. At some points when the track was particularly steep I completely gave up and just shimmied down on my arse.  After what seemed like forever, we reached the bottom and headed home for another evening in the hot tub.  I may never walk again....