Day 62

New York Travel Blog

Today Kerry and I went to Woodbury common - an outlet shopping mall in New Jersey.  As both of us hate buses we opted to take the train to NJ then a free bus that went from the station to the mall.  It was pissing it down with rain which we didn't think would be a problem until we arrived and realised that all the shops are outside!

After a couple of hours we were soaked to the skin despite wearing huge coats and carrying umbrellas.  Even my underwear was wet, and the paper shopping bag I was carrying disintergrated so i had to carry what I had bought in my arms!

The only place to sit inside was Starbucks so we huddled in there for hours waiting for a bus (there were only 3 a day!).  In the end we called a cab to take us back to the station.  It took hours to get back to the apartment but the hot shower that awaited us was heavon!

After the total trauma of the day we went to Capital Grill - a really awsome steak restaurant on 42nd street to recover.  We were given a table in a little alcove all to ourselves.  We ate bread, steak, spinch, creamed potatoes and cheesecake with more than a little wine.  We both agreed that it was the best meal we had ever had in our lives!  he only problem was, we were so full afterwards we could barely make it back to mine and into bed.

New York