Day 49

New York Travel Blog

This weekend it is Travis', Tries' and Fidler's birthdays so we planned a Sunday afternoon birthday party at Pete & Andrew's apartment in Chelsea.  Thus today I spent the day rushing around trying to organise everything - me and Sal headed to Tiffany's to buy a charm bracelet for Fidler then to Kmart to buy jello, snacks, booze etc.  Next I hightailed it over to Pete's to put together about 60 vodka jellies - Travis 'helped'.

We had a huge table booked at a place caled Park for dinner tonight so I hurridly got dressed and ready before heading out.  Park is great - a bar/restaurant/club with a feel of being outside, inside - the place is full of trees and greenery and there are hot-tubes on the roof.  After dinner, even more people came to join us for drinks making a group of about 30.

Much later in the night Drew called to say that he was was in Hotel Gansevort just around the corner and invited me to come join.  I roped Sally in as my wingman and off we went to the meatpacking district.  The hotel is really cool - the bar is on the top floor set around the swimming pool. The view is out across the Hudson river and apparently a scene from The Sopranoes was filmed here.  Drew was with his housemate Patrick who took an instant shine to Sally.  We had a drink then went to get some pizza back in Murray Hill - turns out Drew & Patrick live 4 only a few blocks from us.  After pizza we went back to theres to drink more.  Sally bailed on Patrick about 4am but I stayed and ended up crawling back to Sally's room at 7am.  nGreat - I have to be up to set up the party to start at 2pm tomorrow!

New York