Day 45

New York Travel Blog

I'd been trying to keep David at bay since our first week here on account of me not really having any interest in him at all.  However, last week I found out that Henry Rollins was doing a spoken word gig in Brooklyn next week and couldn't convince anyone to come with me.  I knew that David was into that kind of stuff so in a moment of madness I asked him if he wanted to go so save me going alone.  He agreed but wanted to go out before then as well and I felt obliged to say yes.  Thus I found myself set up for a date tonight that I didn't really want to go on.

We met for drinks in Third & Long.  David is perfectly nice, but was a bit intense.  He was convinced that we were made for each other becuase he have the same taste in music......but we don't have anything else in common!  As the evening went on it became apparent that he had never been outside of the US and had no desire to.  'Why would I fly all the way to France to stand among loads of people to see the Eiffel Tower when I can see it better in a picture?' were his exact words - I knew things would never work between us!

After making my excuses I left for the evening and went back to my apartment to get ready for my friends Zof & Shik who are arriving from the UK tomorrow.

New York