Day 35

New York Travel Blog

Today me and the Brit ladies hit up a new part of town we hadn't shopped in before.  We all ended up spending loads of money especially me as I bought a Lulu Guiness handbag!  After a long lunch we headed back as tonight is the night we have been waiting for all week - Mardi Gras at The Big Easy.  The boys found this place on the internet and demanded that we all go as it boasts scantily clad girls and very cheap beer.  And so I found myself packed into a crowded bar drinking $2 beer out of can and watching a midget stand on the bar pouring jugs of alcohol down people's throats.  After losing my watch and getting my arse grabbed about 20 times I was starting to lose my temper.  Tait tried to calm me down but it was so crowded someone knocked his arm and sent his beer flying all over my head.  There was half a second of silence then we both looked at each other and burst out laughing - I was soaked!  Everyone was really really drunk.  Franklyn got thrown out for apparently stealing drinks off the bar, Sally was puking in the loo by midnight, Pete went home with Lea, Petrus went home with Sandy, Claire went home with Hannes and Stefan went home with one of the barmaids!  I went home with the midget (only joking!).  Messiest night so far for sure!

New York