Day 29

New York Travel Blog

Superbowl Sunday!

Early afternoon I met up with the Brits to go shopping for Pete's daughter's birthday present.  We hit the M&M store & Toys R Us in Times Square.  It was so funny watching Pete pick out dolls surrounded by hundreds of little girls.

MId afternoon we headed to the selected bar where we were to watch the superbowl.  $20 got you a wristband for unlimited Budlight and hot wings.  Yeah!  Nothing nothing about American football I didn't really watch much of the game, and it seemed to go on FOREVER.  The only good bit was right at the end when New York suddenly won and the place went nuts! We took to the streets and headed to Times Square - the scene when we reached it was chaos.  You couldn't move for people and cars shouting and waving and beeping.  It was a total party atmosphere. After soaking in the atmosphere for a while we took shelter in a bar - Tonic - in the middle of kareoke night!  I finally left around 2:30am  -we have to work tomorrow!  Some of the firm staff stayed even later and apparently Christiaan ended up sleeping in the hallway of the Aurora as he was too drunk to make it to bed.

New York