Day 28

New York Travel Blog

As usual for a Saturday morning, Pete called me at some ridiculously early hour such as 10 and demanded that I get to the pub/zoo/deli etc immediately.  So, I managed to drag myself out of bed and in the vague direction of a bar on 70-something and 2nd.  I decided to walk it as the morning was so beautiful.  I finally found Pete & Sally watching England play rugby - the bar was rammed with Brits - the most I've seen since I've been here!  The afternoon turned into a sleepy pub crawl and ended at a curry house in midtown where we met with the other secondees to hear about their skiing adventures.  After curry we were debating which pub to move on to when some American guys overheard us and told us that we should go to a place called Brother Jimmy's as it was the best place in town.  So, we grabbed a load of taxis and headed have way across town to this place.  All I can say is..........rednecks & wh*res!  Oh yeah, I shared a cab with Pete and he did the stinkiest fart ever - I seriously would have thrown myself out onto 3rd ave ito get away from it if I hadn't been laughing too hard to open the cab door!
New York