Day 21

New York Travel Blog

Today is Australia day so the aussie secondees organised a night of australian fun.  During the day Jenni B and I went to Central Park and walked for hours around the frozen lakes and through the bare trees.  We spoke at length about what was happening with my relationship back home.  She confirmed what I already knew was true - I didn't want to be with my boyfriend anymore but was too scared to end it.  I'm grateful that Jenni B was so understanding and didn't just blast me like she could have.  I need to sort all this out but I don't know how.  My boyfriend is coming out here on the last day of the secondment.  Do I wait until he gets here to tell him and just pretend everything is fine until then?  That doesn't seem right, but the other option is to break up with him over the phone from thousands of miles away, which also doesn't seem right.

At Strawberry firlds, some hioppies had decorated it with flowers and were singing and suddenly a huge eagle swooped down and landed in a tree right next to us.  I've never been so close to a wild bird like that before and took plenty of photos.

That evening we went the Australian which was putting on special Australia day celebrations.  Claire got in on with one of the SA guys Petrus and Pete got it on with one of the SA girls -Tries so quite an eventful evening.

New York