Day 14

Washington Travel Blog

David asked me to a hockney game tonight.  I was tempted to say yes because the rest of the Brits were heading to DC on the bus after work, but I had decided to catch the train early Sat morning instead as I get travel sick on the bus.  In the end I turned him down because I didn't want him to think I was agreeing to a date!  Later in the day, Stefan asked me if I wanted to go out with him and the other South Africans that night as I was going to be on my own.  I agreed and we swapped phone numbers so we could meet up later.

After dinner at mine I jumped in a cab and headed to the Ginger Man to meet with the Saffas and Some others - Frank, Geoff & Lea from the firm and some of the Aussie secondees.  On the way there I started to feel really ill but put it down to the fact I was nervous about what might happen with Stefan that night.  After a few drinks there, we moved down the road to the Australian and then onto a club on 3rd ave - Tonic.  Stefan was talking to me the whole night and everyone had noticed.  Later we grabbed our coats and left the club in front of all the other shocked looking secondees.

photo by: b93sp