Day 1

New York Travel Blog

Jetlag is a bitch!  I need some earplugs - this city is seriously loud!

What's a girl to do on her first day in NY?  Shop of course!  Me, Sally & Jenni B headed off to 5th Ave for a spot of retail therapy before meeting up with Claire and her friends for brunch at a place called Norma's which is in Le Meridian hotel.  The food was amazing - I had waffles piled high with fresh fruit and cream.  After spending some serious money during the day (come on - none of my elecrical equipment works here and I can't live without hair straighteners!), we made it back to midtown and dumped the shopping before heading to Chelsea to have dinner at Pete's.

The apartments at The Chelsea are a bit different to The Aurora.  They are 2 bedroom so are much bigger and of course 2 people live in them!  Pete's roommate arrived today - his name is Andrew and he was from Durban, South Africa.  He seemed like a nice guy, and he didn't know anyone else on the secondment so we decided to adopt him as a Brit!  We had a chilled night eating pizza and drinking beer before heading home early due to the jetlag!

New York