Adventures in Morocco

Morocco Travel Blog

My first time in Morocco was in 2006.
I had a penpal in Oujda who invited me to visit him and his country. As soon as I landed I recognized that I got not only into another continet, but into another way of living, culture - yes... into another world - a moroccan world. But within the first moment I fall into love with this country.

Within my visits two times I was renting a car and travelling around the country. I visited all bigger cities and each of it is really wonderfull.
Of course sometimes it was really adventurous, for example as we get into the dessert with a small Fiat. We had no roads, only two boys (about 10 and 12) who came with us to show us the way. So I was driving in the Sahara with a small car without knowing where I am and where to go exactly. But: it worked - even we had to get all our water over the motor to keep it alive ;-)

Another exciting moment was the way trough the Atlas mountain where it was so foggy that you even could not see about 50 meters. And the road was really not the best one... I was driving for hours and thought we'd never get out there again !

But things like these make a trip unforgetable too as I think ;-)

And of course we saw so many beautiful places and cities.
Also the people we met were so friendly, even they are really poor they always invited for dinner or lunch.

So here are some impressions of my Morocco trips: [Step by step I will write and upload some pics of all cities I travelled to in Morocco... ]
me and Saaid
me and Saaid
delicious seaside-breakfast
delicious seaside-breakfast
me in a Moroccan dress like woman …
me in a Moroccan dress like woman…
my henna-coloured hands