A better hotel and a night out with an awsome girl from London!

Kuta Travel Blog

At breakfast we met a really nice girl named Celina from London and after sharing some travel stories, we agreed to meet back at the hotel at 8pm and then go for dinner together. Jordan and I decided to check out some of the other hotels in the area since ours didn’t have many backpackers and I thought that $20/night was still a little bit expensive. We went to a couple but decided to grab a room at Arena Hotel which was just around the corner from our current hostel, was much nicer, had a nicer pool, was packed full of backpackers and was only $16/night. After checking out of Sorga hotel and getting checked into Arena Hotel we decided to drop our laundry off at the local laundry place right around the corner. It was getting close to 12pm so we headed down to the beach to meet up with Matt for lunch.

Unfortunately we waited around for 15 minutes but he didn’t show so we decided to just grab some lunch by ourselves and then head to the beach for a bit. We figured he was probably hung over from the night before so it wasn’t a big deal anyway. After lunch Jordan and I went to the shops around our hotel and bought some cheap swim shorts since all of our swim stuff was in the laundry getting washed. For $8 you get a pair of knock-off shorts by Billabong, Hurley, Quicksilver, etc. We made a quick stop back at the hotel to change, grab some towels and our reading books and headed for the beach to catch some rays. I hardly ever burn from being in the sun but trust me when I say you should always wear sun screen when hanging out at the beach in Bali! After a few hours of relaxing on the beach and jumping in the ocean to cool off we decided to grab some more eats, check our emails at the internet cafe and then relax at the hotel before going to meet Celina for dinner.
When we checked our emails we had a message from Matt saying he was sorry for missing lunch but that he’d like to meet for dinner so we told him to meet us at our hotel just before 8pm and then we’d pick up Celina.

At 8pm we met up with both Matt and Celina and since we had had such a good time the night before, decided to head back to Ocean Beach Club for dinner and then decide what we want to do from there. It wasn’t as busy tonight even though it was a Saturday so after dinner we headed over to Legian street again to see what place was best. The weird thing was that for a Saturday, most of the places weren’t that busy so the night started kinda slow. We spent some time in Bounty just sharing travel stories and stuff before heading to M Bar Go for some eats and dancing.

After M Bar Go we went back to the Ocean Beach Club where we spent the rest of the night playing pool with some of the locals (I think we were the worst pool players in the place haha) and dancing till the wee hours of the night. While walking back to our hotel, Celina and I were trying to decide how to deal with the Jay Leno she male since it had been near our hotels two nights in a row. Luckily though the walk home was uneventful and there weren’t any Jay Leno she male sightings. We said our goodnights and Celina suggested I round up everyone and we’ll go to the beach in the afternoon and do some surfing which of course I couldn’t say no to haha

I later found out when I got home that Jordan has run into the Jay Leno lady boy(read previous blog entries for details) but had told her bluntly to stay away just as I had the night before. What ar the chances of runing into the same mugging lady boy 3 ights in a row? haha we suck!

clairerich81 says:
Great blog..
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008
CalgaryJay says:
wow you can see I'm still getting used to typing on the EEE's small keyboard, look at all those mistakes lol
Posted on: May 20, 2008