Day two of our trek and a fun night out!

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

Day two of our trek consisted of 2 hour hike down the mountain in the morning until we reached the starting point of the rafting. From there we were split up into groups of 4 for each raft and made our way down towards the bottom of the mountain. Unfortunately the rafting was fairly tame and we didn’t really get as much excitement out of it that we might have expected but we did have a pretty good time trying to soak all the people on each raft as they tried to pass us. When we got down near the bottom of the mountain we had to ditch our rafts and hop onto a bamboo raft for the rest of the trip down. Again it was pretty tame but it was something I had never done so I had a good time, especially making Lawrence and Natasha(Welsh couple) slide off the raft when I’d tip it to one side from the back of the raft. From the bottom of the mountain we had an hour long tuk-tuk ride back into town and it was 4pm or so when we got back to Julies.

That night we all went our for dinner and then made our way to Jack Daniels Bar down the street from Spicy and spent all night chilling out there with a few drinks while eating random street food when they’d come walking by with their carts. I ended up eating a couple super worms which tasted like popcorn(literally) and some pig intestine which tasted alright but was covered in so many spices that you could barely taste the meat. It was around 3am or so when we decided to call it a night and all walked back to Julies, before going to bed though we agreed to meet up at 10am and go for breakfast and figure out where we were all going to go next travel wise. Weiteke, James and Johnny were thinking about staying another night and I was leaning more to going to Laos tomorrow so Lawrence and Natasha asked if I wanted to go with them to Chiang Rai tomorrow night with them and then head into the Laos the day after. I told them I’d figure out in the morning and go from there.

cordel says:
Sounded like a really good trip, did you take any photos?
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009