Jazzing It Up In N'awlins

New Orleans Travel Blog

JAZZING IT UP IN N’AWLINS

I had the privilege of attending my 7th and 8th TravBuddy meetups the last week of April in both N'awlins and the Big Apple. 13 of us gathered in the French Quarter of the Crescent City on Thursday, April 24 on Jazz Fest eve.

The party occurred at the Crescent City Brewhouse on Decatur Street. Opened in 1991, it became the original brewpub in New Orleans and the first brewery to open in the area in over 72 years.

I arrived early to reserve some tables.

8 of our 13 member TravBuddy gang
The first to join me were good friends Roger (X-Drive) and his wife, Judy (Hummingbird). We had a great time visiting. Roger and Judy are in the midst of a cross-country driving tour of America. This was the third time we have met up at TravBuddy events (the first two were in Los Angeles and San Francisco).

Later, we were joined by Adam (apoloz), Dana (jerseygirl67) and her friends, Alice and Betty as well as Malvin (Malvin_soh).

The eight of us ate oysters, had dinner, laughed and chatted like canaries for a couple of hours. Roger and Judy had to get on the road to Biloxi, so we took our group photo and said our goodbyes.

Soon after they left, we were happily joined by Erik (EDGtravel) and four more of Dana’s friends: Denise, Walter, Shari and Erin.

Adam-Dana-me & Erik share Absinthe
After hanging out and yakking it up for awhile, we decided to call it a night.

However, four of us decided to check out more of the Crescent City. Dana and I were treated to a tour by Adam and Erik, native Louisianans. We strolled by Jackson Square and wound up at a colorful bar in Pirate’s Alley. Erik bought each of us the house specialty Absinthe drink.

Afterwards, I reluctantly said adieu to the three amigos because I had to catch an early flight the next morning to New York City. From all accounts, they ended up having a terrific time checking out other French Quarter hangouts before calling it a night.

As I’ve mentioned before, I want to encourage fellow TravBuddies to attend one of the many meetups that are springing up all over the world! It’s wonderful to experience the moments that create lasting memories and to see the friendships and relationships that are forged from these get-togethers. Chat with ANYONE who has attended a TravBuddy party. Don’t be one of the folks that see the myriad of pictures and crazy comments describing these events and say, “Why didn’t I go to the TravBuddy shindig?”

blurbmoi says:
this looks real great!! i fly over?!
Posted on: Jun 06, 2008
sylviandavid says:
sounds fun!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2008
jwilsonwsu says:
Damn, if I had the money I would have been all over this. I have always wanted to go to NO and what better way to spend it than with people who share a common passion for travel.
Posted on: May 18, 2008