Cruising high in the Mediterranean...

Mallorca Travel Blog

I was very grateful to be invited on a cruise with my then best friends family during the summer break between finishing my GCSE's and beginning my A-Levels. Looking back now, it was a great time, getting to visit all these different places during the day...and trying out sea life (of sorts).

I had spent my childhood sailing small boats with my dad, camping and sailing on the lakes and rivers of the UK...I was always more of a daddies girl, covered in mud and loving it! I thought I would be fine on a much larger boat that I had been told 'moved that slowly you can't feel a thing'...well, I wasn't.

The first night was fine for both my friend and I, we got on board late, had some dinner and then went straight to bed. We were asleep before the ship had even loosed its moorings. The next day was a full day at sea before reaching Sardinia...from the moment my breakfast hit my stomach, I knew I was going to suffer for the next week. I have never felt so consistently ill in my whole life. After 2 days of not being sick, but not being able to eat anything either, the ships doctor gave me some strong tablets, and I spent the remainder of the week in the clouds...it was brilliant!

Mallorca