off to Sao Paulo

Salvador da Bahia Travel Blog

hey all,

well, here i am in the hostel typing my last entry from Salvador.  the short time that i have spent here have been incredible, and i am so thankful that i made this little venture up here.  if i had left Brazil with only Curitiba to show for my experience in Brazil, i think i would have been disappointed.  while Curitiba was an experience in itselft, Salvador is definitely where i needed to come to "see Brazil."  it's rich with history, culture and food!  should you ever find yourself in Brazil, my friend, please make sure you come to this city.  you will not regret it.

the past couple of days have been spent eating, and walking down our favourite streets.  we spent the other day on yet another beach called Praia do Farol da Barra, the only location where you are able to see the sun set above the water in all of Brazil.

Ilha Itaparica
  beaching has become my new hobby...but methinks it will stay in Brazil because people watching in Vancouver, and the vista (view) isn't nearly as exciting as it is here, lol.  I must say tho, i am looking foward to coming back to Vancouver...  i miss the West Coast.  everywhere we go, when people find out that we are from Vancouve, speak very fondly of it.  without fail, people are envious of us when they learn that we are from beautiful Vancouver.  yay, Vancouverites!

Sao Paulo holds for us three of Sarah's good friends, so i am looking forward to interacting more with Brazilian culture.  should be fun!

until then,

dL

Largo do Pelourinho
Largo do Pelourinho
moqueca de siri catado e camarao (…
moqueca de siri catado e camarao …
uma igreja
uma igreja
queijo...grilled cheese on a stick!
queijo...grilled cheese on a stick!