Snowboarding, Catastrophe and Randomness

Queenstown Travel Blog

Day 3 - 2nd September, 2007

Today was out first day snowboarding! I woke up at 7am to reconfirm bookings and shuttles etc, but the two love birds slept in so we missed the first bus and caught the second bus up to The Remarkables ski field.

wasn't much snow fall, but there were a few lifts open. Aimz and I decided that we didn't need a refresher course on the basics of snowboarding even tho its been ages since we have snowboarded so we decided to jsut throw ourselves into it and see what happens. We got the hang of it again pretty quickly.. but that was on the slow runs. Then we decided to get the chair lift up to the 2nd run. well, smarties we are decided "Hey there's a green run or a blue run, which should we do - let's just do the blue run, it's all good, we'll just take it slow" WELL! the blue run was steep as and for snowboarders like Aimz and I (that think we're good but really we have no idea) it wasn't a really good idea.

Cocktails at Minus 5 Bar
.. anyways Aimz got down in one piece but i came down flying, freaked out, forget how to stop, went flying anf impaled my snowboard and myself into the snow and then i pulled a ligament in my left knee.. haha which brings me to Day 4...

Might I add that I lost my passport on the slopes today..but then reclaimed it

Day 4 - 3rd September, 2007

Aimz and Ben went back out to The Remarkables. Me, being a cripple, didn't go cos i couldn't walk after yesterdays effort of going down a blue run. I stayed at the hostel, almost smoked a whole packet of cigarettes and watched friends, desperate housewives and greys anatomy reruns.

We went out to the Minus 5 bar tonight and had the most awesome Vodka cocktails. To those who know YU and picadilly hotel, THESE COCKTAILS ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THE CAPRIOSKAS AT PICADILLY! haha. Whilst here, Ben and I invented the 'minus Hi 5' so sad yet so funny

mmm cocktails