4 Degrees Celcius at 9pm

Queenstown Travel Blog

Day 5 - 4th September, 2007

Last day In Queenstown today and hence the last day of snowboarding. Me, still not being able to fully put body weight on my left leg, thought F**K IT! and decided to venture out to the snow fields and give it a go.

TODAY WAS AWESOME! overnight there was 25cm of power snow that fell and when we got to The Remarkables it was still snowing! After Amy and I got over seeing the different styles and shapes of individual snowflakes, we got boarded up and starting snowboarding! I am glad to say that today I..
1. Did not lose my passport
2. Didn't injure myself again/more
Aimz and Ben decided to tackle another blue run but i decided that i didn't like the constant taste of blood in my mouth so I didn't go.

Snowboarding - The Remarkables
Whilst they were gone i had fun doing some little jumps and perfecting doing turns :) hehe. Meanwhile I met a couple of guys that were snowboarding that were from Blacktown! haha so funny to be in another country and talking bout going to the Fiddler, Roxy and Bloc hahaha.

I ended up leaving those guys when Aimz and Ben came back to go and play in the snow like all mature adults do :P we tried to make a snowman but then decided it was too much effort, we had a good ol fashion snow fight and then slid down the mountain through the untouched snow.

We were packing up to leave when the wind kicked up and it started snowing harder, everything was white! you could hardly see in front of you, we were happy to get on a bus back down the mountain so we weren't stuck in the blizzard.

4 Degrees at 9pm!!

That night, being our last night, we decided to go out to The beefeater steak house, as usual, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and Ben and I attempted eating over a kilo of steak - newyorker to be exact. I got maybe a quarter in and gave up, but kudos to Ben who finished his! :D

We did a little bit of shopping before we went back to the lodge (in other words, we went to the sweet/fudge shop and the convienience store and stocked up on junk food haha) and I also needed cigarettes, me assuming that smokes were the same wherever u travelled to purchased a pack of Dunhill Blues.. now i SWEAR TO GOD that in sydney these are 8mg.. right? well me being fascinated that the 'smoking causes lung cancer' was written in english and Maori was reading the packet and discovered that the smokes were not called dunhill distinct but dunhill superior mild and they were not 8mg they were 12mg! so yes, everytime i have a smoke i have a head spin. watch out, i might be a winfield blue smoker by the time i get back HAHA

On our way back to our lodge, we passed the crowne plaza every day and they have a digital thermometer out the front that displays current time and temperature. This night is was fluctuating between 3 and 4 degrees!! and here we were roaming the streets a little tipsy and being rowdy as anything.

Markets near Queenstown Lake