Sorry, Sorry. I am alive and well. Read On

London Travel Blog

"Nobby" - the huge fish at our weird landlords
HI everyone, I know I know, I suck. I really have been busy and haven't felt like typing on my travel blog after working all day on a computer. I will try to do better and write once a week or more. So lets see where I left off. This will be short, but I will add more later today now that the pics are loaded. Cliff notes version - got a job, a flat, susanna visted, went out with friends from work, just chillin in London enjoying Regent's Park (we live near it). More elaborate Stories - So after wanting to head for the airport and call the whole thing off, my phone rang two minutes after applying for an admin job at a real estate agency. I went for an interview an hour later and had the job by nightfall.
My new roomies in London
I have been there for two weeks now and it is a pretty fun place to work. I am the only girl in our department, so it is just like having 8 brothers. Really, so you can imagine. I met three Americans and we got a two bedroom flat in Central London (by Regent's Park). There are four beds and it is a bit cramped but so awesome. Our estate agent is hilarious, he has a crowded office with five fish tanks. One has a huge fish (bigger than my head) named Nobby, we couldn't resist a picture. The homesickness is not near so bad with three awesome flatmates who are willing to go at any time day or night to the 24 hour store for some chocolate or crisps. Last weekend, Dave and Susanna came in and we enjoyed the day (although chilly) by having some food in Regent's park and making dinner.
Me and Susanna after a crazy night.
We returned to my flat and pumped up the guest bed. Then, we drank some and went out to a pub, not realizing that all of them close sooo early, like 11pm. The clubs are open later, but all have a cover. So we went to the club downstairs in the pub, that is where the pics are from. It was the weirdest club, they were playing 70s rock music and there were old stoners with long hair, mustaches and greasy t-shirts. So weird. It was great to see susanna and Dave, can't wait to go see where they live. Sunday, they left and me and the roomies headed to Regent's Park. The trees there are so gorgeous, I took a picture of one which had two lovers underneath it. I ran for 45 mins and then joined courtney on a bench for some chocolate and crisps. We people watched while Cassie ran.
Regent's Park - such a cool tree.
There is a huge pond in the park and there are geese, ducks and swans. A note swans: They are fricken HUGE!!!!. I bet they are four feet tall and everyone seems to not be afraid. There are small children feeding them and even petting them. We saw one attack a smaller bird and are now scared of them. I will have to post a picture. The park is massive, so big. I ran around the perimeter and it too, me 30 mins. Crazy. So that was Sunday. Then this week has been work. The guy that was in on hiring me left the company Tuesday and we had drinks to send him off. It was sad, because I felt like he had given me this job and he was leaving. Then, Thursday, the lawyers took us out for drinks and appetizers. It was so cool. I ended up staying out until 11:30 (most left earlier). Someone was buying tequila shooters and they were all impressed with my iron stomach. I now have a new nickname: Tequila Jean. Haha, I have had worse ones. I met a really cool girl who is a lawyer and I am sure we will be great friends. Anyways I should go we are off to cassies work to have a drink and walk her home (it is a bar in Chelsea). Talk to you soon!!!! Missing everyone! Email me!
Nobby - the huge fish at our wei…
"Nobby" - the huge fish at our we…
Me and Susanna after a crazy night.
Regents Park - such a cool tree.
Regent's Park - such a cool tree.
London