Up a mountain .......

Izalco Volcan Travel Blog

Lago Coatepeque

Found a nice viewing spot to take some pictures. A gave Helmut my camera as I didnt want to show I had it - we got out the car and then i decided that Iwanted to change the lense. Helmut went to the car and changed the lense and came back to me - so now we are standing together looking at the view - then he looked at me and I was looking at him .... and then we heard ...... CLICK!!!!   Hmmm where are the keys?!  Ahhh in the car!!! Super!

So now we are in the middle of nowhere - with cameras and a locked car!

OK so how do we get out of this!

Well luckily the passenger window was not up all the way and down about 5cms - not enough to get an arm through ... so how do we get that window open - No Karina - pushing down the window sets the alarm off - great now we are in the middle of nowwhere, cameras locked car and the alarm is now playing Concerto for Lock Car in as many tunes as it can! Great - stay inconspicous they say - hey can we draw anymore attention to ourselves!

OK so now we have some friendly natives helping - wondering whats wrong and why the car is going mad with the latest tunes! We tried some locals son who couldnt get his arm thriough - wha we need is a stick with a hook in the end .

Lago Coatepeque
... ok so now I will look for a stick ...... this isnt getting funny - now Helmut has his arm stuck in the window - whose coming next ?? Fire Dept? Ohh man this isnt getting any better!

Success! I found a stick - exactly with a hook on the end - great - some luck at last ....!

Now some juggling so Helmut can get the stick with his stuck arm!

CLICK! Great now the cars unlocked - Phew!!!!

So what day - how to not remain undercover!

Ahhh yes - dont go to volcano sites as this is where the banditos look for stuck tourists - with locked alarming cars stuck on their arms!"

Lago Coatepeque
Volcan Izalco - still smoking!
Volcan Izalco - still smoking!
Volcan Izalco elevation 1950