AsiaVietnamHanoi

Still alive :-)

Hanoi Travel Blog

Liebes Tagebuch,

had my first trip in and around Hanoi today and it was fun, although out tour guide did not speak any english.... I mean he was supposed to but nobody understood him, funny! Anyway, it was less stress to find all places on my own, so thats ok.

I even went to the Ho Chi Min Mausoleum and saw one of the I guess most famous guys around here, dead for over 30 years, looked a bit too alive in his box, weird!

We also went outside Hanoi to go to one of these small villages where they specialize in one product, this time it was the pottery village, I even saw a "Gartenzwerg", one of these little guys with the red hat, the Gemans put in their garden (or in my case I normally place these guys in the washing room :-))

So now I changed location, I am still in Hanoi but now I moved to a cheaper but much more fun place, a hostel which is owned by 2 Aussies, really cool, free beer on Sunday, 3 times a week BBQ and stuff, the only thin is that I have to share the room with 7 other girls, but anyway, its clean and the people are relaxed! (not as relaxed as Chinese people cn be with privacy etc, but who needs taht anyway?)

Later I will go to the roof top bar and hopefully meet some people at the BBQ tonight, let's see....I just can say, I am still too German, too less American, I sill cannot cope with all that after-1-minute-Hello-how-are-u-doing-thing, but I try my best....whish me luck

3 more days to go and then Natalie comes and then Bianca, I am so ghlad when I have them around me,

c u guys, Siggi